Last updated: 2 June 2021.
1. This website can be accessed at marketplace.getlion.co.za, or via , related mobile-sites and software applications. The “ ”, “getlion Marketplace” is owned and operated by Getlion (Proprietary) Limited, a South African Private Company with Registration number 2020 / 189642 / 07. (“”, “getlion”, “ ”, “ ” and “ ”).
2. “Buyer/s” refers to registered users on the getlion Marketplace (be it other Sellers or members of the General Public) that search for goods/services, engage with sellers, place an order and make payment for the order – i.e. purchases the product/service through an online transaction.
3. “Seller/s” refers to registered users of the getlion mobile application, that have registered as sellers/vendors on the getlion Marketplace, list their product/service for sale through an online transaction, and are responsible for the fulfillment/delivery of the product/service that is ordered and paid for by a buyer on the Website.
4. “Product” or “Good” refers to physical items/listings being sold by sellers on the getlion™️ marketplace, E.g. Clothing, Food and Manufactured items. These will require physical delivery by the seller or their appointed courier, or collection from the seller by the buyer. In the instance that an item is made-to-order, the seller will inform you of the delivery deadline.
5. “Services” refers to non-physical offerings/listings that are being delivered by the seller to the buyer on the getlion™️ Marketplace. They are tied to skills and expertise, and rely on the abilities of the seller to fulfil the order (E.g. graphic design, app development, electrician or builder).
6. “Truzo” refers to Truzo (Pty) Ltd, the nominated payments partner of the getlion marketplace. See www.truzo.com.
7. “Inspection Days” – the number of days, as stipulated on Truzo and defined when an order is placed, that a Buyer is afforded to review a Seller’s delivery before payment is released to the Seller. These are recognized as work days – Monday through Friday.
8. These Website Terms and Conditions (“”) govern the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods & Services on the getlion Marketplace (“the Website”), and the general use of the Website.
9. This Policy must be read in conjunction with the getlion Product Listing Policy.
10. This Policy must be read in conjunction with the getlion User Agreement, which refers the data processing of personal information by getlion™️ and any third-parties, such as in this instance, Truzo.
11. Users must also draw their attention to the Terms and Conditions of Truzo (Pty) Ltd – the nominated payment partner of the getlion Marketplace – when registering for Truzo’s service and when facilitating payments/providing banking information to Truzo.
12. These Terms and Conditions are binding and enforceable against every person that accesses or uses this Website (“”, “ ” or “ ”), including without limitation each user who registers as contemplated below (“ ”). .
13. The Website enables Sellers (“Third-Party Sellers”, “Vendors”, “getlion app Users”) to list and sell their Products and Services on the Website. This Website also enables Buyers (General members of the public, or Vendors/Users/other Sellers) to shop online for an extensive range of products & services.
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to users who are consumers for purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (the “”).
4. If there is any provision in these Terms and Conditions that you do not understand, it is your responsibility to ask getlion to explain it to you before you accept the Terms and Conditions or continue using the Website.
5. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended or must be understood to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any right or obligation, as the case may be, created for either you or getlion in terms of the CPA.
6. Getlion permits the use of this Website subject to the Terms and Conditions. By using this Website in any way, you shall be deemed to have accepted all the Terms and Conditions unconditionally. You must not use this Website if you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Buyers and Sellers are required to register on the Website in order to utilize its functionality as intended by getlion. Only registered buyers may order Products or Services on the Website.
1. Only registered Sellers (getlion mobile app users who register as vendors) may sell products or services on the Website.
2. To register as a buyer, you must provide a unique username and password and provide certain information and personal details to getlion. Registration is free. You will need to use your unique username and password to access the Website in order to purchase Products or Services. You will also need to register with Truzo, and be verified by their service, to successfully make payment for your order through the Website.
3. To register as a seller, you must follow the steps outlined on the getlion mobile application and Marketplace Website, as well as provide certain information and personal details to getlion. Registration is free. On registering as a seller, you will be required to register with and be verified by Truzo, to successfully accept payments for any order received through the Website.
4. You agree that the details provided in registering your account are accurate and true, and you have the right to utilize these details in your registration.
5. In registering for an account, you agree to provide us with accurate, complete and updated information and must not create an account for fraudulent or misleading purposes. You are solely responsible for any activity on your account and for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your password. We are not liable for any acts or omissions by you in connection with your account.
6. You agree and warrant that your username and password shall:
· be used for personal use only; and
· not be disclosed by you to any third party.
7. For security purposes you agree to enter the correct username and password whenever ordering Products & Services, failing which you will be denied access.
9. You agree to notify getlion immediately upon becoming aware of, or reasonably suspecting any unauthorised access to or use of your username and password and to take steps to mitigate any resultant loss or harm
13. You agree that you will not in any way use any device, software or other instrument to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website. In addition, you agree that you will not in any way use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor, copy, distribute or modify the Website or the information contained herein, without the prior written consent from an authorized getlion representative (such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by internet search websites to direct Internet users to this website).
14. You may not use the Website to distribute material which is defamatory, offensive, contains or amounts to hate speech or is otherwise unlawful.
15. You may not in any way display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the Website and/or the information contained therein without the express prior written consent of an authorised Getlion representative.
· If the Buyer rejects the product/service via Truzo, the Seller will be required to rectify the delivery within the terms agreed upon on placement of the order.
· If the Buyer accepts the product/service via Truzo, the Seller is notified of such, and the payment (less the Marketplace platform fee) is released to the Seller’s Truzo Wallet.
· The Buyer is then prompted to review the Seller’s performance on the Marketplace.
2. nce payment is made by the buyer, the order is formally created. Both parties receive formal notification of the order via the Website and/or Truzo.
4. Buyers can only place an order with a single seller, per transaction.
6. The Sale formed on payment of your order for Goods and Services that are for sale by a Third-Party Seller is therefore solely between the registered user and such Third-Party Seller. Getlion is not a party to that sale. The Third-Party Seller is solely responsible for fulfilment of delivery of the Goods and services. The Third-Party Seller is also responsible to provide an invoice to the registered user if required, in addition to what is automatically generated by the Marketplace.
15. Truzo Terms and Conditions, Truzo Agreement,
17. Not all Third-Party Sellers are registered VAT (Value-Added Tax) vendors. Only Third-Party Sellers who are registered VAT vendors may charge VAT on Goods or Services sold and issue a tax invoice in respect thereof. If a Third-Party Seller is not a registered VAT Vendor, it may not charge VAT on Goods or Services sold and will not be in a position to issue a tax invoice in respect thereof.
1. We are committed to providing secure online payment facilities through
© 2021 Truzo (Pty) Ltd (2016/390144/07), a Juristic Representative under Envisionit Capital Solutions (2010/004986/07) FSP 43556.
2. All transactions are encrypted using appropriate encryption technology. Kindly also refer to the terms and conditions available on Truzo (Pty) Ltd’s website.
3. Buyers can make payment using Credit Cards, Traditional EFT or Instant EFT.
1. Escrow is a simple, financial arrangement where a licensed third party securely holds the funds of a transaction on behalf of a buyer and seller, and only releases payment when both parties deliver on their end of the deal.
2. Once the buyer places an order with a seller on the getlion website, the Buyer and Seller manage the transaction to its fulfilment/completion on the Truzo platform. This is accessible via truzo.com, and directly through the Marketplace dashboard once logged in.
1. A buyer agrees to purchase something from a Seller by placing an order online.
2. The Buyer is prompted to pay the agreed purchase price into a secure bank account operated by the escrow provider (Truzo). The Seller is notified of the payment.
3. The Seller is then obligated to the deliver the agreed product or service by the agreed deadline.
4. Once delivered, the Buyer reviews the order within a set time frame (known as number of inspection days per Truzo) and then accepts/rejects the product/service. The inspection days, as defined prior to placement of the order, outline the time period in which the Buyer must communicate their satisfaction (or not) with the delivery and request revisions (if permitted). If the buyer does not respond within this period, the Order will be considered completed and payment automatically released to the Seller by Truzo.
5. If accepted, the Seller is paid the value of the order total, less the website platform fee.
2. The Buyer agrees to pay for (i.e. “fund”) their order in advance using Truzo (see clause 6 & 7)
5. Buyers are responsible for understanding the Seller’s Shipping, Exchange/Return and Refund policies/terms PRIOR to placing an order on the website. If these are not readily available on the Seller’s page, the Buyer must request this from the Seller via the in-site messenger (Inquiry/Inbox) facility, prior to placing an order. Getlion or Truzo is in no way liable for the cost or fulfilment of these functions.
6. Sellers are responsible for obtaining the relevant industry and performance/proficiency certifications, including insurance, required by law or industry standards, to adequately performance the services or deliver the goods that they elect to list on the website. Whilst getlion performs limited company verification of each seller, and Truzo performs full FICA verification of the seller, neither getlion nor Truzo verify the ability of the seller to deliver on the products/services that they choose to list for sale on the website. It remains the sole responsibility of the Buyer to request relevant certifications, compliance or policies needed to establish reasonable competency to perform their duties as listed on the Website. We also recommend requesting a review of the Sellers portfolio of work.
7. Shipping: Buyers who purchase products that require physical delivery, will be asked to provide a shipping address on checkout. All deliveries of goods and rendering of services is undertaken and is the responsibility of the Seller, not getlion. The Sellers obligation to deliver a product to you is fulfilled when the products or service is delivered to the physical address nominated by you for delivery of the order.
1. Sellers must list items on the website to allow Buyers to purchase their products/services.
6. Sellers may also offer Custom Offers to Buyers in addition to their standard listings.
7. Sellers are solely responsible for defining and publishing their shipping, refund and returns policies prior to selling on the site and accepting an order from a buyer. These policies must align with the proposed process of the Marketplace and updated accordingly.
8. Each order successfully completed by the seller, entitles them to 90.05% of the purchase amount.
9. Sellers receive payment only once an order is completed – i.e., the Buyer has approved the delivery of their order via the Truzo platform.
10. Sellers must fulfil their orders, and may not cancel orders on a regular basis or without cause.
11. The Seller’s rating is calculated based on the order reviews posted by Buyers. In certain cases, exceedingly low ratings may lead to the suspension of the Seller’s account.
12. For security concerns, getlion may temporarily disable a Seller’s ability to operate their page/store on suspicion of fraudulent or illicit activity. This may come as a result of security issues, improper behavior reported by other users.
13. Once the seller has received an order via the website, they are solely responsible for the completion/fulfilment of the order with the defined delivery period. Getlion or Truzo are not responsible for any aspect of delivery, be it a product or service.
14. Sellers are responsible for obtaining the relevant industry and performance certifications, and insurance policies, required under law or per industry standards, associated with the performance of their services or delivery of their goods as listed on the website. Getlion or Truzo do not verify the certifications/ability of the seller to deliver on the items that they list for sale on the website.
15. Sellers are responsible for ensuring the safety of the products/services they deliver, including digital items. Users are responsible for scanning all transferred files for viruses and malware.
16. Getlion will not be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.
17. Custom Offers: Sellers can send custom offers or quotes to the buyer, addressing specific requirements of a Buyer. These offers are defined by the Seller with the exact description of the product/service, the price and the time expected to deliver the service. Custom Offers are sent via the in-site messenger (a.k.a Inbox/Inquiry) facility and can be added to the cart before placing the order.
18. Shipping: Sellers that list physical products are solely responsible for the shipping and delivery arrangements of physical products to the buyer. This must include the price of shipping. Getlion does not handle or guarantee shipping, tracking, quality, and condition of items or their delivery and shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or other problems resulting from shipping. Sellers are encouraged to provide their buyer with a tracking number, once available, to avoid disputes related to shipping.
1. Registered Buyers may place orders for Products or Services, which are formally recognised once payment has been made by the buyer. The Seller may accept or reject this order based on their ability to deliver, availability of Products/Services, correctness of the information relating to the listing (including without limitation the price) and prior to notification that payment has been made by the buyer.
3. After delivery of the goods or the service, the Buyer may return the products only in accordance with the Returns Policy of the third-party Seller, outlined on their store page. In the event of sub-optimal service delivery or defective results within the agreed guarantees, warranties and/or performance obligations, you may request a refund in accordance with the Returns & Refunds Policy of the Seller, and follow the due process recommended on the Marketplace – ultimately DISPUTING the transaction on Truzo.
4. Placing Products or Services in a wishlist or shopping basket without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an order for such, and as such, items may be removed from the shopping basket if stock is no longer available or the price thereof might change without notice to you. You cannot hold getlion nor the Seller liable if such items are not available or are not available at the particular price when you complete or attempt to complete the purchase cycle at a later stage.
6. Consequently, should you order any Products from a Seller which are in fact sold-out, any resulting dispute should be resolved between you and the relevant Seller, your respective rights and obligations being as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
7. Certain Products & Services may not be purchased for re-sale. Should we suspect that any such items are being purchased for sale, we are entitled to cancel your order immediately on notice to you.
Each seller maintains their own policy with respect to shipping. This includes but is not limited to: delivery timelines, charges, option for collection, courier partners, order tracking and damages. Kindly refer to the Seller’s shipping and delivery policy per their store vendor page. Getlion is not responsible for inaccuracies or failure in performance delivery on behalf of any seller. If the seller has not stipulated these policies on their store, it remains the onus of the Buyer to contact the Seller (through the CHAT or INQUIRY function) to confirm this policy and related fees, BEFORE placing an order.
Sellers are provided a template of this policy document, but this should not be construed as legal advice or binding upon getlion.
Each Seller is responsible for maintaining and implementing a return and exchange policy for their store/s. This includes, but is not limited to; whether they offer exchanges, qualifying criteria, exceptions, warranty, process and associated costs. Please refer to the Seller’s policy for more information about returning and/or exchanging products (and related replacements or repairs). Getlion is not responsible for the returns/exchanges offered by third party sellers of their products or services. Thus, getlion cannot be held liable for claims against return.
To request an exchange, buyers are recommended to follow the following process:
1) Contact the Seller before the end of the inspection period, and indicate that their wishes to exchange the purchase. They must provide a reason for the return. First, contact must be made via the Marketplace Chat feature on the Seller’s store page, or by submitting an inquiry, or by adding a note to your order. This will allow the Seller us to respond to your exchange request.
2) Upon review, the Seller will confirm the approval or decline of the request and the reason thereof. If the request satisfies their store policy and they agree to exchange the item, they will respond to the Buyer via the Marketplace chat box, or by updating the notes on their order.
3) The Buyer will be required to return the item in the state and manner outlined on the Seller’s policy document. In the event that the return is due to the Seller’s error, they should facilitate and pay for collection/exchange of the Buyer’s purchase. On receipt of the original product, the Seller will fulfill the exchange of the order.
Sellers are provided a template of this policy document, but this should not be construed as legal advice or binding upon getlion.
2. Once the Buyer makes payment for the order, the transaction is formalized and the Seller is obliged to deliver by the agreed deadline.
3. A Buyer may cancel an order without consequence, provided this is done BEFORE they make payment for the order – and can be done directly via Truzo, the Website or via the in-site messenger/Inbox. See clause 13 (12) below.
4. If a transaction is cancelled (for any reason) after payment has been made, and the refund is initiated, the funds will be returned to the Buyer’s Truzo wallet, less the value of the Administration an Payment Protection Fee.
5. If the Buyer requests to cancel the order after payment has been made – and the Seller has already commenced delivery (e.g., work/production/shipping has begun) – it remains at the Seller’s discretion to approve the cancellation and initiate the refund.
6. THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS APPLY to clause 13 (5) :
1. In the event that the Seller fails to ship/transfer/deliver the goods/services within the specified time period upon which the Buyer and Seller have mutually agreed,
2. The Seller is at fault/error with respect to the delivery or has delivered sub-standard to what was advertised,
3. The Seller has approved the order IN ERROR, but the Seller is unable to fulfill the order based on stock availability, or an inability to deliver the service that was ordered.
7. In the above scenarios (13(6)) – as the responsibility falls on the Seller to maintain accurate listings, fulfill orders to the standards and timelines advertised/agreed, and only approve orders that they can deliver on – irevised delivery date/order specification that the Buyer approves of, then the Seller will be required to initiate the refund and reimburse the Buyer the full value of the Administration and Payment Protection Fee, either by direct payment to the Buyer, or via issuing a credit for a future purchase from the Seller’s store, in the form of a discount/coupon code equivalent to the full value of the Administration and Payment Protection Fee. The option of reimbursement is at the discretion of the Seller.
8. In the instance that the Seller is unable to reimburse the Buyer or offer them a credit (e.g., the Seller’s business has closed down, the product is indefinitely unavailable, or the Seller is indefinitely unable to render a service) then the Buyer may approach getlion and/or Truzo for assistance. Neither party guarantees 100% reimbursement of the fee but endeavors to assist the Buyer where possible.
9. Should the buyer and seller be unable to reach a resolution, they will be required to follow the dispute resolution policy per clause 14.
10. If the refund is approved, the Buyer will have the option to either withdraw the funds from their Truzo Waller or allocate/fund another transaction with the same/different seller.
11. In the event of a cancellation after the funds have been received, or rejection of goods and/or services, getlion will not receive any fees unless otherwise stipulated in the Escrow Agreement.
12. To cancel an order and request a refund, parties are recommended to follow the following process:
1. Parties ought to contact one another and indicate the intention to cancel the order and be refunded. A reason must be provided for the request. This contact can be via the Marketplace Chat facility on the Seller’s store page, by submitting an inquiry, or by adding a note to your order. Making contact will allow the Seller to review the refund request. If the request satisfies their refund policy and they agree to cancel, proceed to step 2.
2. Request a refund on Truzo™️.
– Login to Truzo via your account dashboard and select the transaction you wish to refund.
– Click “Transaction History” -> “Transaction Status” and click DISPUTE TRANSACTION.
– Indicate the reason for the dispute, the required course of action = REFUND and then SUBMIT DISPUTE.
– Both parties will be notified of request and prompted to approve
3. Your refund will be paid to your Truzo wallet within 48hours, whereafter you can return this to your bank account OR hold your Truzo balance for a future purchase. In accordance with getlion’s Terms & Conditions, your refund will be LESS the value of the Buyer Protection and Administration Fee of 3.40% (ex VAT).
All refund requests must be made before the end of the INSPECTION PERIOD stipulated on your order. If a buyer fails to request a refund before the end of the inspection period, payment for the order will be automatically released to the Seller by Truzo™ and it then remains at the Seller’s discretion to process the request outside of the getlion™ Marketplace thereafter.
Per clause 13 (7) above, if the cancellation is due to Seller error or inability to deliver post-acceptance and subsequent payment by the Buyer, the Seller) is required to issue the Buyer a STORE CREDIT in the form of a unique coupon code, equal in value to the Payment Protection and Admin Fee deducted.
Sellers are provided a template of this policy document, but this should not be construed as legal advice or binding upon getlion.
1. We encourage Buyers and Sellers to first attempt to settle conflicts amongst themselves. Firstly, both parties must consider extending the delivery deadline. Secondly, both parties must consider reasonable modifications to the order. Thirdly, an order must be formally cancelled by the Buyer or Seller.
2. In this event that a Buyer and Seller are unable to resolve a dispute regarding their transaction specifically in relation to payment, resolution will be governed by process outlined by Truzo. Please refer to points 10, 11 and 17 of the terms and conditions on truzo.com,
1. Getlion and Sellers may from time to time make electronic gift vouchers (“Gift Vouchers”) and promotional coupons or discounts (“Coupons”) available for use on the Website towards the purchase of Goods and Services. Gift Vouchers and Coupons can only be redeemed while they are valid, and their expiry dates cannot be extended.
2. In each case, if your Voucher has not been used within that period, it will expire. Gift Vouchers cannot be used to buy other Gift Vouchers or Coupons. They do not accrue interest and are not refundable for cash once purchased or otherwise obtained. If your Gift Voucher value is less than the amount required to cover the full order you wish to place, you may make up the difference by paying via one of our other payment methods.
4. There are two types of Coupons; a Coupon with a fixed amount of a discount, e.g. R100 off (“ “), and a Coupon with a percentage discount, e.g. 10% off (“ “).
5. Coupons are issued in getlion’s and a Seller’s sole discretion and we are entitled at any time to correct, cancel or reject a Coupon for any reason (including without limitation where a Coupon has been distributed in an unauthorised manner). Users do not have a right to Coupons, and Coupons cannot be earned. Coupons are issued under specific terms and conditions regulating when and how they may be used.
6. Coupons cannot be used to buy Gift Vouchers or other Coupons, and cannot be exchanged or refunded for cash or credit.
7. If for any reason a Coupon does not reflect on the final amount due from you at check-out, you can contact the getlion customer care or the Third Party. If it is confirmed that the Coupon is still valid and you have already placed your order, you can choose whether to cancel the order and place it again with the Coupon, or you can use the Coupon on your next order within the limitations of the specific Coupon’s terms and conditions.
8. You may be required to submit the original communication containing the Coupon code, and any other information reasonably requested by getlion or the Third Party provider, before you are able to use a Coupon.
9. As a general rule, and unless specified otherwise on the specific Coupon itself:
· Coupon’s issue by Seller’s can only be used on the Seller’s store and don’t apply to the broader Marketplace.
· each Coupon can only be used once;
· only one Coupon can be used per order;
· only one Coupon can be used on the Website per person per promotion/campaign;
· Percentage Coupons may only be redeemed on purchases with a specified cart value.
· where a Percentage Coupon has been used and you wish to cancel any items in the order prior to making payment, the entire order must be cancelled. You will be issued with a new Percentage Coupon and will need to place the order again, without the item that you wished to cancel;
· a Coupon must be used at check-out – it cannot be used later on existing orders; and
· the value of the Coupon will be set off against the value of your shopping basket and the balance remaining.
1. From time to time, certain Products and Services may be offered at discounted/sale prices as part of a Deal or any other temporary deal which are explained below (each a “”). These will be subject to certain conditions (as set out in these Terms and/or the Website), which define the scope of the Deal. If you buy a product , you will pay the discounted price for that product or service (the “ ”).
2. However, if you buy a product or service in a manner that falls, then you will pay the then current (non-Deal) selling price on the Website (the “ ”), for each product or service that falls outside the scope of the Deal.
3. For example: if you buy more than one product in a Daily Deal, you will pay the Deal Price for the first product, but the Normal Price for all products thereafter. Alternatively, if you buy a product in combination with any other products that together do not constitute a Bundle Deal, you will pay the Normal Price for all such products falling outside the scope of the relevant Deal.
· At our discretion and or the discretion of Sellers, Deals of the Day (“”) are available daily from 12am – 23:59pm on week days and from 9am – 23:59pm on weekends. In addition, please note that Todays Deals may have a stock or capacity limit and may expire earlier if this runs out.
· Specific savings are not guaranteed. The extent of the Todays Deal or discount is at the sole discretion of getlion and or the Third Party.
· Adding a “Todays Deal” to your cart or completing your order for a Todays Deal without paying for it, does not reserve the item for you. getlion and or the Seller must receive payment for the order (i.e. the order must be “funded”) to the Truzo account for a Todays Deal, otherwise you may forfeit your order. As such, Stock/Capacity will be reserved for customers in the order in payment is received. Therefore if you pay via EFT, you might not get your item because the Escrow account may only receive payment from you a few days later, and in the meantime the Todays Deal might sell out to customers paying immediately.
2. Getlion shall not be bound by any incorrect information regarding Goods or Service displayed on any third party websites or by and Third Party on getlions website.
In this regard, we refer you to our User Agreement, which is available and accessible on our website.
We respect your privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below. Should you decide to register as a user on the Website, we may require you to provide us with personal information as detailed in our User Agreement. The User Agreement sets out the personal information being processed, as well as the purpose for the processing of such information. Should your personal information change, please inform us and provide us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information. It is vital that you provide us with the updated personal information to ensure that Online Transactions are made with the most accurate information at hand. You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
We will not, without your express consent;
1) use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
· in relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods and Services;
· to contact you regarding current or new Goods or services or any other goods offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
· to inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us); and
· to improve our product selection and your experience on our Website by, for example, monitoring your browsing habits, or tracking your sales on the Website; or
2. disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
· to our employees and/or third party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our Website, email or any other method, for the ordering of Goods and services or when delivering Goods and Services to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently;
· to our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (including their employees and/or third party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with you via email or any other method for purposes of sending you marketing material regarding any current or new goods or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
· to law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of these Terms and Conditions;
· to our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, technology services etc). However, our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit;
· to any Third Party Seller for purposes of sending you an invoice for any Goods purchased from such Third Party Seller, which disclosed information will be limited to your email address (refer to clause 14 above).
3. We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent online payment, getlion is entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
4. We will ensure that all of our employees, third party service providers, divisions, affiliates and partners (including their employees and third party service providers) having access to your personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information.
5. When you provide a rating or review of a Product or Service, you consent to us using that rating or review as we deem fit, including without limitation on the Website, in newsletters or other marketing material. The name that will appear next to that rating or review is your First Name or Business Name, as you would have provided upon registration. If you do not agree to this, please do not put any ratings or reviews on the Website. We will not display your Last Name, nor any of your contact details, with a rating or review.
6. We will –
· treat your personal information as strictly confidential, save where we are entitled to share it as set out in this policy;
· take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
· provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details;
· promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
· provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request; and
· upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control, save for that which we are legally obliged to retain.
7. We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
Whilst getlion takes reasonable measures to ensure that the content of the Website is accurate and complete, getlion makes no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, as to the quality, timeliness, operation, integrity, availability or functionality of the Website or as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information on the Website. If any such representations or warranties are made by getlion’s representatives, getlion shall not be bound thereby.
1. Getlion may, in its sole discretion, change any of these Terms and Conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to regularly check these Terms and Conditions and make sure that you are satisfied with the changes. Should you not be satisfied, you must not place any further orders on, or in any other way use, the Website.
2. Any such change will only apply to your use of this Website after the change is displayed on the Website. If you use the Website after such amended Terms and Conditions have been displayed on the Website, you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
2. However, should you wish to opt out of receiving such information, you may do so by clicking “unsubscribe”.
1. The contents of the Website, including any material, information, data, software, icons, text, graphics, lay-outs, images, sound clips, advertisements, video clips, trade names, logos, trade-marks, designs and service marks which are displayed on or incorporated in this Website (“t”) are protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trademark law. The Website Content is the property of getlion, its advertisers and/or sponsors and/or is licensed to getlion.
2. You will not acquire any right, title or interest in or to the Website or the Website Content.
3. Any use, distribution or reproduction of the Website Content is prohibited unless expressly authorised in terms of these Terms and Conditions or otherwise provided for in law.
4. Where any of the Website Content has been licensed to getlion or belongs to any third party, your rights of use will also be subject to any terms and conditions which that licensor or third party imposes from time to time and you agree to comply with such third party terms and conditions.
1. This Website may contain links or references to other websites (“”) which are outside of our control, including those of advertisers. These Terms and Conditions do not apply to those Third Party Websites and getlion is not responsible for the practices and/or privacy policies of those Third Party Websites or the “cookies” that those sites may use.
1. We will use reasonable endeavors to maintain the availability of the Website, except during scheduled maintenance periods, and are entitled to discontinue providing the Website or any part thereof with or without notice to you.
5. At any time, you can choose to stop using the Website, with or without notice to getlion.
1. These Terms and Conditions and our relationship and/or any dispute arising from or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Your continued use of the Website will constitute your consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the South African courts regarding all proceedings, transactions, applications or the like instituted by either party against the other, arising from any of these Terms and Conditions.
2. In the event of any dispute arising between you and Getlion or you and a Third Party, you hereby consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the applicable Magistrates or the Johannesburg Court of the Republic of South Africa (Johannesburg division). The jurisdiction of the Court in which action or proceedings may be instituted will depend on the quantum of the claim being instituted in the action or proceedings may otherwise fall below the monetary jurisdiction of that court.
3. Nothing in this clause 23 or the Terms and Conditions limits your right to approach any court, tribunal or forum of competent jurisdiction in terms of the CPA.
1. Getlion hereby selects the Rocket Room, Investment Park, Block C, 10th Road, Hyde Park, Sandton, Gauteng, as its address for the service of all formal notices and legal processes in connection with these Terms and Conditions (“legal address”). Getlion may change this address from time to time by updating these Terms and Conditions.
2. You hereby select the delivery address specified with your order as your legal address, but you may change it to any other physical address by giving getlion not less than 7 days’ notice in writing.
3. Notices must be sent either by hand, prepaid registered post, telefax or email and must be in English. All notices sent –
1. by hand will be deemed to have been received on the date of delivery;
2. by prepaid registered post, will be deemed to have been received 10 days after the date of posting;
3. by telefax before 16h30 on a business day will be deemed to have been received, on the date of successful transmission of the telefax. All telefaxes sent after 16h30 or on a day which is not a business day will be deemed to have been received on the following business day; and by email will be deemed to have been on the date indicated in the “Read Receipt” notification. to serve as proof that an email has been received.
1. Please direct all written complaints to our physical address as listed above. Please direct all electronic complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. If we don’t resolve your complaint within 15 (fifteen) business days of you having notified us of it, you are entitled to approach the Consumer Goods and Services Ombud (“CGSO”), to assist in resolving the dispute. The CGSO’s contact details are: Website: http://www.cgso.org.za/ Sharecall: 0860 000 272 Email: email@example.com
For the purposes of the ECT Act, getlion’s information is as follows, which should be read in conjunction with its product descriptions and other terms and conditions contained on the Website (getlion.co.za) and mobile app.
· : Getlion (Pty) Ltd, a private company registered in South Africa with registration number 2020 / 189642 / 07
· : Business Incubator
· : Rocket Room, Investment Park, Block C, 10th Road, Hyde Park, Sandton, Gauteng, 2196(marked for attention: CEO and Legal)
· : firstname.lastname@example.org
· : The manual published in terms of section 51 of the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2000 may be downloaded.
Third Party Sellers’ information is available in the relevant Product listing and/or via the customer support centre
1. Getlion may, in its sole discretion, at any time and for any reason and without prior written notice, suspend or terminate the operation of the Website or the user’s right to use the Website or any of its contents subject to us processing any orders then already made by you.
2. You may not cede, assign or otherwise transfer your rights and obligations in terms of these Terms and Conditions to any third party.
3. Any failure on the part of you or getlion to enforce any right in terms hereof shall not constitute a waiver of that right.
4. If any term or condition contained herein is declared invalid, the remaining terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.
5. No variation, addition, deletion, or agreed cancellation of the Terms and Conditions will be of any force or effect unless in writing and accepted by or on behalf of the parties hereto.
6. No indulgence, extension of time, relaxation or latitude which any party (the “”) may show grant or allow to the other (the “ ”) shall constitute a waiver by the grantor of any of the grantor’s rights and the grantor shall not thereby be prejudiced or stopped from exercising any of its rights against the grantee which may have arisen in the past or which might arise in the future.
7. These Terms and Conditions contain the whole agreement between you and Getlion and no other warranty or undertaking is valid, unless contained in this document between the parties.
- All Categories
- Today Deals
- Your Recently Viewed
- Coding & Development
- Design & Renovations
- Health & Beauty
- Home Repair, Renovation & Maintenance
- Information Technology
- Manufacturing & Supplies
- Marketing & Design
- Professional Services
- Property Management
- Security & Surveillance
- Organization, Storage & Transport
- Videography & Photography
- Virtual & Personal Assistant
- Web & Graphic Design
- Automotive Enthusiast Merchandise
- Car Care
- Car Electronics & Accessories
- Exterior Accessories
- Heavy Duty & Commercial Vehicle Equipment
- Interior Accessories
- Lights & Lighting Accessories
- Motorcycle & Powersports
- Oils & Fluids
- Paint & Paint Supplies
- Performance Parts & Accessories
- Replacement Parts
- Tools & Equipment
- Tyres & Wheels
- Arts & Crafts
- Beauty | Grooming | Personal Care
- Electronics & Gadgets
- Accessories & Supplies
- Camera & Photo
- Car & Vehicle Electronics
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Computers & Accessories
- eBook Readers & Accessories
- GPS & Navigation
- Home Audio
- Office Electronics
- Portable Audio & Video
- Security & Surveillance
- Television & Video
- Video Game Consoles & Accessories
- Video Projectors
- Wearable Technology
- Clothing & Apparel
- Groceries & Household
- Office & Stationery
- Smart Home
- Home & Kitchen
- Pet Supplies
- Sports & Outdoors
- Tools & Home Improvement
- Toys & Games
- Selling on getlion
- Buying on getlion
- How Payments Work
- About Us