Before you can make a purchase, you need to sign up as a buyer.
Simply click on the icon on the top of the page -> register with getlion™️ -> get verified with Truzo™️ … then you’re good to go!
Signup takes a matter of minutes. Getting verified with Truzo™️ is usually immediate, but can take up to 24hours. We do this to ensure that all buyers and sellers on our marketplace are verified and protected! To understand more, please visit “How Payment Works”.
To manage/change details on your getlion™️ account, simply login and change these via your account dashboard.
To change your payment details, login to your getlion™️ account, navigate to the Truzo™️ dashboard on the left column, then login (using your getlion™️ username and password).
Click on the account icon, scroll to the login section, and click on “FORGOT PASSWORD”. We will send you instructions via email to reset this.
1) METHOD 1: If the Seller lists a product or service and you’d like to purchase it as described, then simply hover over the product and ADD TO CART.
2) METHOD 2: If you would like to purchase a Seller’s product/service, but have unique requirements (e.g. higher quantity, wholesale pricing or quicker delivery deadline), you also have the option to “REQUEST A QUOTE”. You will contact the Seller beforehand, and submit a custom request on the Seller’s store page. You will need to outline exactly what you need, including: Price, Deadline, Number of Revisions (changes/corrections) and Inspection Days (the number of days required to review the delivered order). Once you’ve decided on a proposal, the Seller will send you a “CUSTOM ORDER LINK” via email. Simply click on the link, and add the custom order to your cart.
A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE
1) Add the product to your cart.
2) Hover over your cart and click “Checkout”
3) Log in to your getlion™️ and Truzo™️ accounts. If you aren’t registered with getlion, or have not been verified by Truzo, you will need to complete these steps before being able to place your order.
3) Enter your billing and shipping details.
4) Add any coupon codes to redeem a discount (if applicable).
5) Place your order. NOTE: This automatically creates an order request on the Marketplace/Truzo that is sent to the Seller. However, you will only make payment if/when the Seller accepts your order on Truzo. Once payment is made, the order is formally recognised and a transaction is created.
6) The Seller is notified of the order by email and via Truzo.
7) The Seller is prompted to approve or deny the order on Truzo, based on their stock or availability. We require Sellers to confirm orders BEFORE you (the Buyer) makes payment, to avoid disappointment or disputes should delivery not be possible.
8) Once approved, you (the Buyer) will receive an email instructing you to make payment. The buyer makes payment to Truzo and not the Seller – see “How Payments Work” for more. Once payment is made, the Seller is notified on Truzo.
9) The Seller will proceed to deliver the order by the stipulated date. Once delivered, the Seller will click the “DELIVER” button on Truzo.
10) You (the Buyer) will have a pre-determined number of days (known as “inspection days”) to review the order and if necessary, request an exchange (subject to the Seller’s store policies).
11) If satisfied, you (the Buyer) will approve the order by clicking the “RELEASE” button on Truzo. This will release payment to the Seller. Note: If you do not approve the order within the inspection period, the order will be approved automatically and payment will be released to the Seller.
12) On completion of the order, you (the Buyer) has the opportunity to submit a review of your purchase and the Seller.
First, type your desired product or service into the SEARCH bar at the top of the screen. Then, filter your search by location, price and other options.
The getlion™️ Marketplace allows you to discover/order products and services from verified South African businesses. To make smarter decisions, use the below options before placing your order:
1) Use the getlion™️ comparison tool. You can compare items by hovering over a product, then adding it to the compare list.
2) Review the sellers product photos or portfolio of work. If they don’t have a portfolio listed, request this from them before placing your order.
3) Assess the sellers ratings and reviews. If they don’t have any, check out their social media profile or ask them for references of past work.
4) Send the seller a direct message, request a quote, or ask for certifications (if applicable). We recommend that you keep ALL COMMUNICATION on getlion™️ for a record.
If you need to contact a seller before or after purchase, there are three ways to do so:
1) Send them a Chat message through the Marketplace messenger. This is available on the seller’s product page, and store.
2) Send them an Inquiry, if you have specific requirements for an order. This is available on the seller’s product page, and store.
3) Add a note to an existing order.
4) Manage your conversations through the inbox on your Marketplace account dashboard.
As each Seller is independently responsible for delivery/fulfilment of their products and services, you are only able to order from ONE SELLER, PER ORDER.
Escrow is a simple, financial arrangement where a licensed third party securely holds the funds of a transaction on behalf of a buyer and seller, and only releases payment when both parties deliver on their end of the deal. Please see “How Payment Works“.
1) Buyer places an order on the Marketplace, automatically creating a transaction on Truzo.
2) Seller approves the transaction.
3) Buyer makes payment to Truzo.
4) Seller delivers the contents of the order to the Buyer.
5) Buyer reviews and if satisfied, approves the order.
6) Payment released to Seller by Truzo.
Truzo™️ is the official payments partner of the getlion™️ marketplace, and is a leading escrow provider regulated in South Africa and the UK. When completing your purchase, you’ll be able to pay with a Credit/Debit Card, Manual EFT or Instant EFT (Ozow™️). You’ll signup with Truzo™️ when registering your account, make payment and manage your order through Truzo’s easy-to-use online platform. This can be accessed directly on your Marketplace account dashboard.
Prior to completing your payment, we add a small charge to the quoted seller’s price. This charge covers Payment Protection and Platform Administration and is equal to 3.40% (ex VAT) of your order total.
Buyer Fee is non-refundable. In the above example, the buyer will be returned R100 to their Truzo wallet. Please see “Requesting a Refund” for more information.In the event of a refund, the
The Payment Protection and Administration Fee ensures that 1) your payment is protected using Escrow (from Truzo™️ – see “How Payments work”), 2) processing of your chosen payment method, and 3) it helps us operate our platform and offer ongoing support for your order.
Products are physical items being sold by businesses on the getlion™️ marketplace, E.g. Clothing, Food and Manufactured items. These will require physical delivery by the seller or their appointed courier. In the instance that an item is made-to-order, the seller will inform you of the delivery deadline.
Sellers are responsible for the fulfilment/delivery/courier of products that they sell on the getlion™️ marketplace. On placing your order, please take note of the Seller’s delivery/shipping policy and any additional charges they may apply.
TRACKING YOUR ORDER
If Sellers choose to use an external courier service, they are required to send you a tracking number for your order once it leaves their premises. For regular updates, the seller will message you directly on our platform. You can view these conversations on your dashboard, under INQUIRIES or INBOX. Alternatively, you can add a note to your ongoing order – accessible via the ORDER tab on your dashboard. We recommend keeping all communication on our platform, so that you have a record in the event of a dispute. Alternatively, you can check Truzo for updates on the delivery.
WHAT TO DO ON RECEIPT
Once the seller has delivered your product, you will have to review and approve the delivery within the specified number of INSPECTION DAYS, in accordance with your order. Don’t forget, the seller doesn’t get paid until you approve delivery! If you fail to approve the delivery before the end of the inspection period, the payment will be automatically released to the Seller. To approve delivery – simply log in Truzo™️ via your Marketplace account, find the transaction relating to your order, and click RELEASE.
Once released, head back to the Marketplace and leave a review for the seller. This helps them improve their offering.
Services are non-physical offerings that are being delivered by the seller to the buyer on the getlion™️ Marketplace. They are tied to skills and expertise, and rely on the abilities of the seller to fulfil the order (E.g. graphic design, app development, electrician or builder).
When placing your order, be sure to outline the specific details, deadlines and requirements of the seller, and review their policies. For regular updates, the seller will message you directly on our platform. You can view these conversations on your dashboard, under INQUIRIES or INBOX. We recommend keeping all communication on our platform, so that you have a record in the event of a dispute. Alternatively, you can check Truzo™️ for regular updates on the delivery of the service.
WHAT TO DO ON RECEIPT
Once the seller has delivered the service, you will have to review and approve the quality of their work within the specified number of INSPECTION DAYS, in accordance with your order. Don’t forget, the seller doesn’t get paid until you approve delivery! If you fail to approve the delivery by the end of the inspection period, the payment will be automatically released to the Seller. To approve delivery – simply log in Truzo™️ via your Marketplace account, find the transaction relating to your order, and click RELEASE.
Once released, head back to the marketplace and leave a review for the seller. This helps the Seller improve their offering.
Each seller maintains their own store policies with respect to shipping, exchanges and refunds. Be sure to review these policies on the store/product page BEFORE placing your order.
In the instance that you purchased a product and would like to exchange this for another size or variant, please contact the seller directly on the platform via the Chat Box or updating the ORDER Notes. You are required to request an exchange BEFORE the end of the inspection period, or approving the release of payment to the seller. Once the Seller has been paid, it is at their discretion to facilitate an exchange or not.
If you get no response from the Seller and it is almost the end of the inspection period, please login to Truzo via your account dashboard and DISPUTE the transaction. This will automatically extend the inspection period. If you still receive no response, kindly contact us (with your order number) via email at email@example.com for further assistance.
Each seller maintains their own store policies with respect to shipping, exchanges and refunds. Be sure to review these policies on the store/product page BEFORE placing your order. Should the seller permit refunds, you are required to request a refund BEFORE the end of the inspection period and payment has been released to the Seller.
1) Contact the Seller and indicate that you wish to cancel the order and be refunded. Please provide a reason for the request. First, you must make this request via the Marketplace chat box, or adding a note to your order. If the Seller’s policies allow for this, and they agree to cancel, proceed to step 2.
2) Request a refund on Truzo™️.
– Login to Truzo and select the transaction you wish to refund.
– Click “Transaction History” -> “Transaction Status” and click DISPUTE TRANSACTION.
– Indicate the reason for the dispute, the required course of action = REFUND and then SUBMIT DISPUTE.
– Both the buyer and the seller will be notified of request.
3) Your refund will be paid to your Truzo wallet, whereafter you can return this to your bank account OR hold your Truzo balance for a future purchase. In accordance with our Terms & Conditions, your refund will be LESS the value of the Buyer Protection and Administration Fee of 3.40% (ex VAT).
In the event that the Seller cancels the order after payment has been made to Truzo, for reasons not owing to you (the Buyer) – i.e. they are out of stock, unable to deliver by the agreed deadline, or no longer willing/able to fulfil the order – you (the Buyer) must follow the above process and will be refunded the payment LESS the Payment Protection and Administration Fee of 3.40% (ex VAT)
HOWEVER, the Seller is required to issue you (the Buyer) with a STORE CREDIT in the form of a unique coupon code, equal in value to the Payment Protection and Admin Fee that was deducted.
Any disputes that arise in respect to delivery of a product/service must first be negotiated directly by buyer and seller. Within reason and parameters of the order, both parties ought to consider extending the delivery deadline or consider reasonable modifications to the order. These modifications can be made directly on Truzo’s dashboard by editing the transactions details.
As in the instance of a refund, either party may dispute the transaction on Truzo using the steps indicated above. By doing so and selecting to negotiate offline, the inspection days of the order will automatically be paused for 5 days.
Should the Buyer and Seller be unable to reach a settlement, they are required to follow the formal dispute resolution/arbitration process prescribed by Truzo, available here.
You will be emailed a copy of the order invoice on placement and payment for your order. You can also request a copy of this from the Seller in the event you are unable to retrieve this.
Not all Sellers are registered VAT (Value-Added Tax) vendors. Only Third Party Sellers who are registered VAT vendors may charge VAT on Goods or Services sold and issue a tax invoice in respect thereof. If a Third Party Seller is not a registered VAT Vendor, they may not charge VAT on Goods or Services sold and will not be in a position to issue a tax invoice in respect thereof. Where applicable, tax will be added to the value of your purchase on Checkout.
Data privacy and security is your right, which is why your data is safely stored, protected and processed. All of our systems are securely hosted and aligned to latest technologies, in accordance with PCI DSS and ISO27001 standards. We’re also committed to confidentiality of user information in line with the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), 2013. We will never sell your information or use it for anything other than communications about or improvement to our offering. Read our “User Agreement” for more info.
getlion™️ is paid a set percentage, by each seller, per sale on the Marketplace. That means that the price you’re quoted, PLUS the “Administration and Payment Protection” fee and any delivery fees (if applied by the Seller), is the price you pay.
- All Categories
- Today Deals
- Your Recently Viewed
- Coding & Development
- Design & Renovations
- Health & Beauty
- Home Repair, Renovation & Maintenance
- Information Technology
- Manufacturing & Supplies
- Marketing & Design
- Professional Services
- Property Management
- Security & Surveillance
- Organization, Storage & Transport
- Videography & Photography
- Virtual & Personal Assistant
- Web & Graphic Design
- Automotive Enthusiast Merchandise
- Car Care
- Car Electronics & Accessories
- Exterior Accessories
- Heavy Duty & Commercial Vehicle Equipment
- Interior Accessories
- Lights & Lighting Accessories
- Motorcycle & Powersports
- Oils & Fluids
- Paint & Paint Supplies
- Performance Parts & Accessories
- Replacement Parts
- Tools & Equipment
- Tyres & Wheels
- Arts & Crafts
- Beauty | Grooming | Personal Care
- Electronics & Gadgets
- Accessories & Supplies
- Camera & Photo
- Car & Vehicle Electronics
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Computers & Accessories
- eBook Readers & Accessories
- GPS & Navigation
- Home Audio
- Office Electronics
- Portable Audio & Video
- Security & Surveillance
- Television & Video
- Video Game Consoles & Accessories
- Video Projectors
- Wearable Technology
- Clothing & Apparel
- Groceries & Household
- Office & Stationery
- Smart Home
- Home & Kitchen
- Pet Supplies
- Sports & Outdoors
- Tools & Home Improvement
- Toys & Games
- Selling on getlion
- Buying on getlion
- How Payments Work
- About Us